- 5 tablespoons oil
- 2 lbs beef cubes, 1 inch or smaller, rolled in flour
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 4 sliced medium-sized onions
- 1 minced clove of garlic
- ¾ cup tomato paste
- 6 cups water
- red pepper to taste (optional)
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 3 – 6 cups cooked rice
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a large heavy kettle.
- Add beef cubes.
- While they are browning, add the nutmeg and chilli powder.
- When the meat is browned, add the onions, garlic, tomato paste, water and pepper.
- Let it simmer until the meat is tender.
- A half hour before serving, heat the peanut butter and two tablespoons of oil over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add peanut butter mixture slowly to beef stew and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.