Vega Estate in Longview, Texas in 1990. Dated 1942. Another tried and true delight that is a regular in my house.
- 4 yellow squash, washed and sliced lengthways
- 2 cups yellow corn meal
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Mix corn mean, Sugar, salt and pepper together and dredge each piece of Squash in mixture.
- Pour vegetable oil in heavy pot and heat until hot.
- Add quash and pan fry until golden brown.
Contributed by Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.