- 1½ pounds ground chuck beef
- ½ cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 x 4-ounce can chopped mild green chilies
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, sliced
- purchased salsas
- Using hands, gently mix first 7 ingredients in large bowl just until blended.
- Form into four ¾-inch-thick oval patties (can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill)
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat).
- Grill patties until cooked to desired doneness, about 6 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Transfer patties to plates.
- Top with avocado slices and lime-pickled red onions.
- Serve, passing salsas alongside.
- Color (red or yellow) is totally optional.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.