- 1 pound hot sausage, cooked and drained
- 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chilis
- 6 corn tortillas, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- ½ cup milk
- 8 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon onion salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- sour cream (optional)
- Salsa (optional)
- The day before you plan to serve this dish: Grease a 9 x 13-inch pan. Layer half of the following: chiles, tortillas, sausage and cheese; repeat.
- Combine eggs, milk, and seasonings; pour over tortilla mixture. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight. Bake at 350 °F for 45 to 55 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa; if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.