Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- Source: Better Homes and Gardens
- Start to Finish: 50 minutes
- Makes 6 to 8 Servings
- 2 to 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package active dry yeast
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water (120°F to 130°F)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- ¾ cup cornmeal
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 medium zucchini or yellow summer squash, cut into 2-inch long julienne strips (about 1½ cups)
- 2 green onions, bias sliced into 1-inch pieces (½ cup)
- 1 x 9-ounce can bean dip
- ¾ cup picante sauce or salsa
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese (8 ounces)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl combine 1¼ cups of the flour, the yeast, and salt.
- Add water and 2 tablespoons oil.
- Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly.
- Beat on high speed for 3 minutes.
- Using a spoon, stir in cornmeal and as much of the remaining flour as you can.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead in enough remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (6 to 8 minutes total).
- Divide dough in half. Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- Grease two 11- to 13-inch pizza pans or baking sheets.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each half of dough into a circle 1 inch larger than pizza pan.
- Transfer dough to pans.
- Build up edges slightly. Flute edges, if desired. Prick generously with a fork. Do Not let rise.
- Bake in a 425°F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken into bite-size strips; Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon cooking oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook and stir zucchini or yellow summer squash in hot oil for 30 seconds.
- Add the 1-inch bias-sliced green onion pieces; cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until all the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Remove vegetables from the skillet.
- Add half of the chicken to the hot skillet. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Spread bean dip over hot crusts.
- Spread picante sauce or salsa over bean dip.
- Spoon chicken and vegetables over picante sauce.
- Sprinkle with Monterey jack cheese.
- Bake about 12 minutes more or until cheese melts and sauce is bubbly.
- Sprinkle with sliced green onion.
- ↑ Make-ahead tip: Prepare pizza dough; divide into 2 equal portions. Place in plastic freezer bags. Seal, label, and freeze up to 1 month. Thaw overnight in refrigerator before using.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.