- 8 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilis, drained
- ¼ cup finely chopped onions
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, divided
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese or Cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) jar taco sauce or picante sauce
- Mix together eggs, water, and salt.
- Stir in chiles and onion.
- For each omelet, melt 1 Tbsp butter in a heavy skillet until hot enough to sizzle.
- Pour in one-fourth of egg mixture.
- As mixture begins to cook, lift edges of omelet and tilt pan to allow uncooked portion to flow underneath.
- When egg mixture is set and no longer flows freely, sprinkle ¼ cup cheese over half of omelet.
- Fold omelet in half, and place on a warm platter.
- Repeat procedure with remaining ingredients.
- Serve with taco sauce.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.