- 24 tortillas, 6- to 8-inch corn or flour
- 4 pounds boneless chicken breasts, skinned
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 5 California avocados, seeded, peeled and diced
- 2 red onions, diced
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cups salsa, ranchera or picante
- Wrap tortillas in foil and keep in warm oven until ready to serve.
- Pound chicken until ½-inch thickness.
- In large skillet, heat oil.
- Drizzle lemon juice on chicken, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook in skillet.
- Cook 6 – 8 minutes or just until cooked through, turning once.
- Cut chicken diagonally into ¼-inch slices.
- Fill tortillas with shredded lettuce, chicken, diced avocados, red onions and green onions.
- Drizzle salsa over filling and gently fold in half.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.