Souvlaki with ostrich meat and herbs
- 800 g boneless ostrich meat, cut in cubes
- 125 g strained yoghurt
- 2 spoons oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh mint
- 2 spoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, mashed
- 8 bay leaves
- Mix in a bowl the yoghurt, oil, mint, garlic.
- Add salt and pepper and after mixing well add the cubes of ostrich meat.
- Cover the bowl and place it in the fridge for an hour.
- After an hour remove the marinated meat from the fridge and thread it on skewers together with the bay leaves.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes in 180 c.
- Baste them regularly with the mix that you used for marinating the meat.
- Serve hot with rice.
- You can use the yoghurt mix as a sauce for the rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.