This is a tasty, satisfying dish, though it may sound ordinary. Serve with a spinach salad.
- Makes 8 servings
- ⅔ cup soybeans cooked with
- ½ cup peanuts
- 1⅓ cup bulgur uncooked
- 1½ cup brown rice uncooked
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- ¼ lb mushrooms sliced
- 2 cup stewed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp soy flour
- 3 tbsp brewer's yeast
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp celery seeds ground
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pinch cayenne
- ½ cup sharp Cheddar cheese grated
- Cook soybeans and peanuts together. Set aside.
- Cook bulgur and brown rice together. Set aside.
- Sauté garlic, onion, green pepper, and mushrooms in oil.
- Add cooked soybeans and peanuts and sauté until coated with oil.
- Add remaining ingredients except cheese, and simmer 15 minutes or longer.
- Serve over the mixed grains, with the cheese sprinkled on top.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.