- Yield: 4 dozen cookies.
- ¾ cup soynut butter
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- 1¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 tbs soymilk
- 1 tbs vanilla
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup soy flour
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup roasted, salted soynuts (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine soynut butter, shortening, brown sugar, soymilk and vanilla in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
- Add egg.
- Beat just until blended.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add to creamed mixture at low speed.
- Mix just until blended.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Flatten slightly by pressing four soynuts in each cookie center in pinwheel design.
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until set and just beginning to brown.
- Do not over brown.
- Cool 1 minute on baking sheet.
- Remove cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
Nutritional information Edit
Serving size: 1 cookie. Per serving:
- 86 calories | 4 g fat (0.7 g sat fat) | 2 g protein (1 g soy protein) | 10 g carbohydrate | 85 mg sodium | 4 mg cholesterol | 0.4 g dietary fiber.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.