- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped frozen Broccoli, thawed
- 1 cup sweet red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup Onion, diced
- 2 TSP minced fresh ginger
- 2 TSP minced garlic
- 1/3 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup soynut butter
- 2 Tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan. Stir in rice, carrots, Broccoli, red pepper, Onion, ginger, and garlic. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender and all water is absorbed. In smaller saucepan, combine broth, soynut butter and cilantro. Stir constantly over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, or until the soynut butter is smooth. Set aside. When rice is done, stir in the soynut butter mixture. Serve immediately.
Yield: 5 cups. Serving size: 1 1/4 cup. Per serving: 380 calories, 9 g fat (1 g sat fat), 12 g protein (5 g soy protein), 62 g carbohydrate, 275 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol, 7 g dietary fiber.