- 2½ cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cream of wheat or farina
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup of water
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- Put flour, salt, and cream of wheat into a bowl.
- Make a well in the middle and add the eggs, water and butter.
- Stir until batter is smooth and thick.
- Cut the batter by teaspoon full into a big pot of boiling salted water.
- Dip the spoon into the hot water each time to keep the batter from sticking to the spoon.
- Cook only half the batter at a time to avoid crowding.
- Stir the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon so that the dumplings will rise to the top.
- After the dumplings rise, let them cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the water and drain.
- Serve warm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.