- buy as much or as little seafood as you would like in this dish
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive or vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- ¼ cup grated carrot
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (28 ounce size) crushed tomatoes with basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon crushed fresh oregano leaves or ⅛ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- hot cooked pasta, if desired
- Heat oil in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook seafood until done.
- Cook onions, carrot and garlic in oil about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, parsley and oregano; season with salt and pepper.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes.
- Serve over pasta.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.