Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: My old recipes
- Serves 6
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 lean slices bacon, diced
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 lb canned peeled tomatoes, drained
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked for 10 to 12 minutes and drained and then kept hot
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In pan, heat oil (olive or sunflower oil) over medium heat.
- When oil is hot, add onion and garlic.
- Fry, stirring occasionally for 5 to 7 minutes or until onion is soft but not brown.
- Stir in the bacon and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Stir constantly.
- Add wine and bring liquid to boil.
- Boil rapidly for 2 minutes, then add the tomatoes.
- Stir in the salt, pepper and oregano and bring liquid to boil again.
- Reduce heat to medium low and continue cooking for 15 minutes more.
- Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Put spaghetti in large deep serving dish and pour over the sauce, using 2 large spoons.
- Toss mixture until thoroughly coated with sauce.
- Sprinkle over the grated cheese and serve at once.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.