Spinach pie with cheese
- 1 pack of very thin filo pastry (obtained from a specialist deli)
- 1 kg / 2 lb of spinach, either frozen or fresh
- 1 kg / 2 lb of feta cheese
- 250g / ½ lb of butter or margarine
- 2 cloves of garlic or garlic powder
- If the spinach is raw, cook and slice thinly.
- If frozen, defrost.
- In either case, mix the feta cheese with the spinach to make a mixture, adding the chopped garlic.
- Spread some butter on an oven tray.
- Open the filo package and place each thin pastry (it is as thin as paper) on the tray, buttering each one using a brush.
- After you have done 8 filo slices, place the spinach/feta mixture and spread over the entire oven tray, covering the 8 pastry slices.
- On top of this, place the remaining pastry slices, buttering each one of them as well.
- Notch the last one creating 2 inch (5 cm) on a side, squares.
- Place in a medium heat oven and cook till brown.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.