- 6 cups
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup dry sherry
- 9 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup finely ground almonds
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1½ cups finely chopped cooked white chicken meat
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a heavy-bottomed, 4-quart saucepan, cook the onions, garlic, fennel, and thyme in the olive oil over high heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the sherry, reduce the heat to moderate, and cook 5 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the chicken stock, almonds, and cream and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to moderate and cook 25 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook 5 minutes, or until the chicken is heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish each portion with parsley just before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.