Spanish Omelet from the National Diabetes Education Program Recipe and Meal Planner Guide, public domain government resource
- Serves: 5
- 5 small potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable cooking spray
- ½ medium onion, minced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1½ cup green/red peppers, sliced thin
- 5 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 3 whole eggs, beaten
- 5 egg whites, beaten
- Pepper and garlic salt with herbs, to taste
- 3 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender.
- In a nonstick pan, add oil or vegetable spray and warm at medium heat.
- Add the onion and sauté until brown. Add vegetables and sauté until tender but not brown.
- In a medium mixing bowl, slightly beat the eggs and egg whites, pepper, garlic salt, and mozzarella cheese. Stir egg-cheese mixture into the cooked vegetables.
- Oil or spray a 10-inch pie pan or ovenproof skillet. Transfer potatoes and eggs mixture to pan. Spread with parmesan cheese and bake omelet until firm and brown on top, about 20–30 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.