- 1½ lbs potatoes (not baking potatoes)
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 7 ounces cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- ½ cup purple onion, chopped or other sweet onion
- ½ cup green olives, pitted
- Scrub potatoes, and in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook potatoes 20 to 25 minutes until just tender.
- If your potatoes vary in size, remove them individually as they reach this stage and allow the larger ones to continue cooking until they also are tender.
- Drain potatoes and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Add to this the tomatoes, onion, and and mix well.
- Remove skin from potatoes, and cut into ½ inch pieces.
- Add potatoes to the bowl of other ingredients, and mix well.
- Serve well chilled.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.