Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (can use up to ¼ cup)
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups of medium or long-grain white rice
- 3 cups chicken stock (or vegetable stock if vegetarian)
- 1 heaping tablespoon tomato paste or 1 cup of diced fresh or cooked tomatoes
- pinch of oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet brown rice in olive oil, medium/high heat.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Cook onion rice mixture, stirring frequently, about 4 minutes, or until onions are softened.
- In a separate sauce pan bring stock to a simmer.
- Add tomato sauce, oregano, and salt.
- Add rice to broth.
- Bring to a simmer. Cover.
- Lower heat and cook 15 – 25 minutes, depending on the type of rice and the instructions on the rice package.
- Turn off heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.