Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup long-grain rice, uncooked
- ½ cup chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- dash ground black pepper
- In a large heavy skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove to paper towels to drain; set aside.
- Drain most of the bacon grease from skillet, leaving only a teaspoon or two.
- Add ground beef to skillet; cook, breaking up, until browned.
- Add chopped onion and green bell pepper; continue cooking until onion is tender.
- Add tomatoes, water, rice, chili sauce, salt, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper.
- Cover Spanish rice and simmer for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Top Spanish rice with crumbled baking for serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.