Makes 4 servings
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons shallots, minced
- ¾ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1½ lbs medium shrimp, peeled and de-veined, shells left intact
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the grill over high heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, shallots, cumin, paprika, about ½ tsp kosher salt, and ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the shrimp and stir to coat the shrimp thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Using a small grate grill rack, grill the shrimp for about 1–2 minutes per side or until pink and just cooked through. (If you don't have a small grill rack you can also thread the shrimp on skewers to prevent them from falling through your rack.)
- Remove from the grill and garnish with cilantro and parsley.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the top of the shrimp and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.