Purchased from the Reinhart Estate in Ida, Oklahoma in 1992. Dated 1961. Note on card says this is Uncle Jack's favorite salmon recipe. Dated 1944.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 2 cups cooked fresh salmon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- Remove the skin and bones from the salmon, chop the meat fine, and add salt, white pepper or paprika, soft breadcrumbs, lemon juice or vinegar, and well beaten eggs.
- Mix thoroughly, and pack in six or eight oiled cups, filing the cups even full.
- Set the cups at once in a pan containing hot water that comes to about an inch below their tops, and bake for one-half hour.
- If the oven is very hot, lay a sheet of thick paper over the cups.
- Turn out upon a hot platter, thrust a sprig of parsley or celery, or a clove, into the center of each puff, and pour about them any good sauce.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.