This red-hot, sweet sauce is made with real fruit, sugar, spices, and fruit juice and keeps a tangy aroma with the berries to help maintain its sweet consistency.
- 13 oz. package of fresh cranberries, rinsed, sorted and trimmed
- 1 ⅜ cup raspberries, optional
- 2 ⅜ cups cranberry juice, cold only
- 1 ⅞ cup sugar, brown only
- 2 ¼ teaspoons allspice
- 2 ¼ teaspoons cinnamon
- In a large, non-aluminum saucepan, bring all ingredients to a boil. Then turn down to medium heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, cool, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Use as a dip. Reserve the fruit-based sauce in the refrigerator.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.