- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh oregano or 1/2 tsp. dried
- 1 cup dry white wine or water
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 lbs. small button Mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In large skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic, bay leaf, coriander and oregano and cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic starts to brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in wine or water and bring to a boil. Add Mushrooms, parsley, salt and pepper. Reduce heat, cover and cook 10 minutes, shaking pan occasionally.
Remove pan from heat and using a slotted spoon, transfer Mushrooms to a serving dish. Return skillet to heat and bring juices to a boil. Cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Discard bay leaf and pour liquid over Mushrooms, cover and set aside to cool. If not serving right away, refrigerate and bring to room temperature before serving.