Description[edit | edit source]
This is a family favorite and so easy to make. I always use pecans. For years I have filled some type of small container and given for gifts.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1½ tbsp water
- 1½ cup pecan halves, walnut halves, cashews or a combination
Directions[edit | edit source]
- In a deep, 2-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole, combine first 7 ingredients
- Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 1½ minutes; stir occasionally.
- Add ½ cup nuts at a time to syrup mixture. Stir until well coated.
- With a slotted spoon lift out nuts; drain extra syrup.
- Place nuts in a shallow, 1½-quart, heat-resistant, non-metalic baking dish.
- Repeat with remaining nuts.
- Heat coated nuts, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 5 minutes or until syrup begins to harden slightly.
- Transfer nuts to wax paper and allow to cool and harden.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.