- 3 medium acorn or other winter squash
- ½ cup thawed undiluted concentrated apple juice
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds and stringy pulp.
- Place squash, cut sides down, in a pan.
- Cover and bake at 400 °F for 1 hour or until tender. Cool.
- Scoop out pulp to equal 3 cups.
- Place pulp in a blender or food processor; process until smooth.
- Combine pureed squash, apple juice, and the remaining ingredients in a large saucepan, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 45 minutes or until thick, stirring frequently.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.