- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 2 cups chopped Cauliflower
- Hot sauce to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine ( optional; omit for low fat)
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- ground pepper, salt to taste
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- Combine the chicken broth, Onion, Cauliflower and hot sauce in a sauce pan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, and simmer until the vegetable bits are tender.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the vegetable to a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Repeat until all the Cauliflower is smooth ( if you don't have a food processor, you can use a food mill or Potato masher).
- In a separate saucepan or small skillet, melt the butter, add the flour and pepper and make a roux.
- Add the roux to the milk and stir well.
- Add the milk mixture to the soup ( in the original saucepan ); cook and stir until thickend and bubbly.
- Do not let the soup burn. Adjust seasonings to taste.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.