Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 15 minutes Serves: 4----
Spicy puffed rice is a very popular Indian tea time snack. It is also known as Kurmura Chivda in some parts of the Country.
Peanuts and roasted nuts or chickpeas are the essential part along with puffed rice in this chivda.
Main ingredients: Puffed Rice and peanuts
Level of Cooking: Easy
Recipe Source: Spicy Veg Recipes
- 1 cup Puffed Rice
- oil to fry
- A pinch Asafoetida
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 Green chillies chopped or to taste
- 10-12 Curry leaves
- ¼ cup Roasted chana dal
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup Peanuts (with skin)
- ½ teaspoon chat masala
- Heat the oil in a deep pan to fry Peanuts over medium heat.
- Put peanuts in the oil, fry on a low flame till they turn light brown then take them out.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add asafoetida, green chillies and curry leaves and sauté till the curry leaves become crisp.
- Add roasted chana dal and sauté for a minute.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt and sauté for another minute.
- Add puffed rice and mix well.
- Add fried peanuts and chat masala and mix well so that all the mixture gets evenly coated with spices on low flame.
- Our spicy crispy Murmura Chiwda is ready to serve.
- Store in airtight container once it cools.
- There is no hard rule for the measurements in this recipe.
- You can use ingredients according to your preference; Feel free to plus or minus the ingredients of your choice.
- You can add a little sugar if you want or you can avoid sugar or adjust the quantity as per your taste.
- You can also add cashews, almonds and raisins as per your taste.