- vegatable oil, as needed
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 8 oz chopped shallot (1½ cups)
- ¼ chopped red jalapeno pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 quarts cold cooked rice
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 pounds shrimp (40 count), peeled, de-veined
- 8 oz thinly sliced green onion (1½ cups)
- 6 California avocados, diced (3 lbs)
- Film a hot, large frying pan with oil; pour in egg, tilting to diperse a thin layer.
- Cook until just set but still moist on top, about 1 minute.
- Slide egg onto a cutting board; shred.
- Heat ¼ cup oil in the same pan; stir in shallot, jalapeno, and garlic.
- Cook until aromatic, about 1 minute.
- Cook, stirring constantly until rice is hot and coated with oil.
- Remove from heat; stir in reserved egg.
- Per order: in ½ tablespoon, stir-fry ½ cup shrimp (4 ounces) until just pink.
- Stir in 1 cup rice mixture and 2 tablespoons green onion.
- Heat stirring constantly.
- Fold in ½ cup avocado, heat through.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.