Spicy Beef Wraps from the Pubic Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- 1 lb. lean beef sirloin (choice), ¾" thick
- 1½ tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 whole wheat tortillas, 7" inches in diameter
- 1 cup no-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 6 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- ½ large red onion, chopped
- Preheat broiler in oven and set rack about 3-4 inches below heating elements.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, oregano and cumin.
- Rub the spice mixture over both sides of the beef and let stand for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Place beef on a broiler pan and broil in oven about 5 minutes until medium-done (or until desired doneness).
- Cut beef into ⅛ inch slices.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and horseradish.
- Spread 3 tablespoons of the sour cream mixture over each tortilla.
- Top each tortilla with 1 cup of lettuce.
- Sprinkle each tortilla with the chopped red onion and tomatoes.
- Divide beef into equal portions and top each tortilla with beef.
- Fold one end of a tortilla up about 1 inch over filling then fold the left and right sides over the folded end, overlapping and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.