- 1 lb. lean beef sirloin (choice), 3/4" thick
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 whole wheat tortillas, 7" inches in diameter
- 1 cup no-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 6 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped
1.Preheat broiler in oven and set rack about 3-4 inches below heating elements.
2.In a small bowl, combine chili powder, oregano and cumin. Rub the spice mixture over both sides of the beef and let stand for 15 minutes at room temperature.
3.Place beef on a broiler pan and broil in oven about 5 minutes until medium-done (or until desired doneness.)
4.Cut beef into 1/8 inch slices.
5.Warm tortillas according to package directions.
6.In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and horseradish. Spread 3 tablespoons of the sour cream mixture over each tortilla.
7.Top each tortilla with 1 cup of lettuce. Sprinkle each tortilla with the chopped red onion and tomatoes.
8.Divide beef into equal portions and top each tortilla with beef.
9.Fold one end of a tortilla up about 1 inch over filling then fold the left and right sides over the folded end, overlapping and serve.
- Spicy Beef Wraps from the Pubic Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health -- original source of recipe, public domain government resource