- 2 ounces olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped garlic
- ½ cup onion, cut in large chunks
- ½ cup green peppers, diced in large pieces
- ½ cup red peppers, diced in large pieces
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup V-8 juice
- cornstarch (mix about a tablespoon with a couple of tablespoons of cold water to form a slurry)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil.
- Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add onions, sauté one minute, then add peppers and continue to saute another minute.
- Deglaze with chicken stock, reducing by half.
- Add v-8 juice and cayenne pepper.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Thicken with cornstarch to desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.