- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ¾ cup red zinfandel
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp vegetable oil
- ½ small onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne or ½ ripe habanero chile, cut into very thin strips
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar or 2 tbsp brown rice syrup
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup rice vinegar or white wine
- Soak cranberries in wine. Set aside.
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- When hot, add mustard seeds, and toast until seeds begin to pop.
- Remove pan from heat, and add oil, onions, garlic, ginger and cayenne.
- Return pan to heat, and sauté mixture until onions are translucent.
- Add sugar, salt and cranberries with soaking liquid.
- Cook mixture until it just boils. Reduce liquid by half.
- Add vinegar, remove from heat and cool completely.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.