- 2 lbs green beans, washed and trimmed at ends (do not snap beans)
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper or tabasco sauce (according to your heat preference)
- 2 cloves garlic, whole and peeled
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds (optional)
- 1 head dill (or ½ tsp. dill weed)
- 5 cups distilled vinegar
- ½ cup pickling salt
- 5 cups water
- Prepare jars for canning.
- Bring vinegar, salt and water to a boil.
- In the bottom each hot sterilized jar, put the garlic cloves, mustard seed, and dill.
- Pack jars with fresh green beans, packed lengthwise.
- Do not snap beans.
- Process for 20 minutes at 1000' altitude, or adjust time according to your altitude.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.