- 2 medium-size eggplants (abut 2 lbs), peeled and cut into ¾" pieces
- 1 tbsp oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- ½ cup chicken bouillon, or vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp dark sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp hot chile-garlic sauce
- 4 scallion, chopped
- 1 or 2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- Heat oil in a large non-stick pan or wok.
- Stir fry eggplant until slightly darkened, from 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat, and add garlic, ginger and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add bouillon, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar and chile-garlic sauce and bring to boil.
- Cook, uncovered and stirring often, until eggplants are tender and sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in onions and tomatoes, and season with salt to taste.
- Cook 5 more minutes.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds if you wish.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.