A sweet and spicy version of the fried banana fritters is deep-fried and added with spices to perfection. Powdered sugar rarely works for this, too.
- 4-6 plantain bananas slightly ripe, peeled and cut into bite-sized cubes
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper or red pepper
- ½ peeled, grated fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tbsp. water, lukewarm only
- 1-2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- Grind together grated ginger root, pepper, and salt, and then mix with water. In a glass bowl, toss together the plantain cubes and spice mixture.
- In a deep skillet, heat oil up to 350° F. Fry plantains, turning once, until golden brown on both sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper, keep in warmed oven until all the plantains are fried. Serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.