- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into ¾-inch squares (about 2 cups)
- 12 green onions, cut into ¾-inch lengths (about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large ripe papaya, peeled and seeded, cut into ¾-inch dice (about 2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Whisk together soy sauce, lemon juice, honey, and sesame oil; whisk in cornstarch and crushed red pepper.
- Heat oil in a wok or heavy frying pan.
- Over high heat, stir-fry bell pepper until tender-crisp, about 1 minute.
- Stir in onion, and garlic; cook 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Stir in shrimp; cook, stirring constantly until shrimp is firm and opaque, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in papaya; heat through.
- Rewhisk soy sauce mixture; stir into pan.
- Cook until mixture thickens, about 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat; stir in cilantro.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.