Source: Better Homes And Gardens, Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 4 servings.
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen peeled and de-veined large shrimp
- 8 ounces dried linguine
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 or 2 fresh jalapeno chile peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered, or chopped tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Finely shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions.
- Coat an unheated large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat over medium-high heat.
- Add chile peppers and garlic to hot skillet; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp; cook and stir about 3 minutes more or until shrimp are opaque.
- Stir in tomatoes, salt, and black pepper; heat through.
- Drain linguine; toss with shrimp mixture.
- If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
- Calories 321
- Total Fat (g) 3
- Saturated Fat (g) 0
- Cholesterol (mg) 129
- Sodium (mg) 423
- Carbohydrate (g) 48
- Fiber (g) 3
- Protein (g) 25
- Exchanges : Starch 3, Vegetables 5, Very Lean Meat 2