A red-hot African take on real seafood - prawns mixed with real herbs and spices then cooked in olive oil are the important main dish served with other main dishes.
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons sweet paprika, simply reserving 2 tablespoons for seasoning
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 lbs. large prawns, shelled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro or flat leaf parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a very large skillet. Add the garlic, paprika, cumin, ginger and cayenne and cook over moderate heat until fragrant, about 1 ½ minute.
- Add the prawns and cook, stirring, until they turn pink, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Season with salt and the remaining paprika and mix with the cilantro. Transfer to a platter and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.