- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 or 5 cloves of garlic, sliced thin
- 3 tbsp hot pepper paste
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 pound firm tofu, drained well and sliced
- 1 can of vegetable soup
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Sauté garlic in olive oil for several minutes in a large pan.
- Mix hot pepper paste, soy sauce, cayenne pepper and sugar in a small bowl (omit cayenne if you want this dish to be mild. The hot pepper paste is, by itself, spicy - and if you like things really spicy, toss in 2 tablespoons of cayenne, or even more)
- Add to mixture tofu to pan.
- Mix gently until tofu is covered with pepper sauce.
- Add vegetable soup to pan and cover.
- Let steam for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add sesame oil; mix gently.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.