Description EditThis epic meat dish is made with authentic herbs, hot sauce, soy sauce, and fruit juice, roasted to sharp perfection, and served with rice or other meat dishes. Lemon zest sometimes works for this for garnishing, too.
- 3 pounds lamb shoulder roast
- ⅔ cup apple juice, store-bought and cold only
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons oregano leaves
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced or (1 ¼ teaspoon garlic powder)
- Combine apple juice, oil, soy sauce, oregano, ginger, hot pepper sauce, and garlic in a fresh, large bowl.
- Place the lamb on a rack in a roasting pan. Brush the lamb with marinade. Hold or reserve the remaining marinade in the refrigerator.
- Roast the lamb at 325° F oven temperature for 25 minutes per pound, about 1 ¼ hour, until internal temperature registers 160° F.
- Brush with the remaining marinade several times while roasting.
- Remove from oven and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve hot and plain or with white rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.