- 3 pound lamb shoulder roast
- 2/3 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons oregano leaves
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1.Combine apple juice, oil, soy sauce, oregano, ginger, hot pepper sauce, and garlic.
2.Place lamb on rack in roasting pan. Brush lamb with marinade. Hold remaining marinade in refrigerator.
3.Roast lamb at 325°F oven temperature for 25 minutes per pound, about 1¼ hours, until internal temperature registers 160°F.
4.Brush with remaining marinade several times while roasting.
5.Remove from oven and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Lamb, Leg or Shank by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource -- original source of recipe