Makes 6 servings.
- ½ cup white wine
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium red or green bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium yellow squash, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 wooden or metal skewers*
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Combine wine, lime juice, oil, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, salt and black pepper in gallon size plastic resealable food bag.
- Add chicken, onion, red peppers and squash. Seal; toss to coat vegetables.
- Marinate in refrigerator 30 to 45 minutes. Remove chicken and vegetables.
- Place marinade in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; keep warm.
- Alternate chicken and vegetables on skewers. Place on broiler rack coated with cooking spray; brush with marinade. Broil 4 to 6 minutes from heat 8 to 10 minutes, turning and basting frequently with marinade. Serve over hot rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.