Description[edit | edit source]
Making your own sauce with real peanut butter and spices will take more time, but the effort and results are worth it. This red-hot peanut sauce is a simplified accompaniment to the noodles, meat dishes, or other meals. Crushed peanuts always work for this, too. With chunky and bold aroma with the peanut butter, every spoonful is pure peanut fun!
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ½ cup creamy, all-natural peanut butter
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 4 oz. silken tofu
- 1 shallot, peeled
- 1 tsp. Thai red curry paste
- 4 tbsp. lime juice
- 3 tbsp. granulated sugar, brown or white only
- 2 tbsp. white miso
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce, dark or light only
- fresh jalapeño, minced, optional
- 2 tbsp. cayenne pepper powder, optional
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Combine ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
- Thin with water as needed. Pour on the peanut mixture in the large saucepan but bring this to a boil, if desired.
- Spoon or scoop the homemade, spiced peanut sauce into a fresh jar then reserve this in the refrigerator. Use on noodles, meat, cooked rolls, or other meals.
Nutritional Information[edit | edit source]
Servings: 3 cups or 3-5 tablespoons or teaspoons