- 2 lbs all-purpose potatoes (about 6 medium), peeled
- 1 medium tomato, diced (1 cup)
- 1 medium yellow tomato, diced (1 cup)
- ½ cup diced yellow or green bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ to 1 tbsp seeded, minced fresh jalapeño pepper
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 3 scallions (white and light green parts), thinly sliced; reserve green tops for garnish
- Put potatoes in large saucepan of salted water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium glass bowl, combine tomatoes, bell pepper, cilan-tro, onion, jalapeño, garlic, oil, vinegar and salt to taste; toss to mix.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature until ready to serve.
- Drain potatoes, rinse under cold running water and drain again.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise, then cut each half into ½-inch-thick strips or slices.
- Add potatoes to tomato mixture and toss gently to mix.
- Garnish with scallion tops.
- Serve at room temperature.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.