This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Poe Estate in Justin, Texas in 1987.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 pound beef tips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 large bell pepper chopped
- 10 ounce can tomatoes with green chilies
- 16 ounce can pinto beans
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper chopped
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- In Dutch oven boil diced meat in water seasoned with salt and pepper for 20 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- In same pot add oil, onion, bell pepper and garlic then sauté until onions are tender.
- Add pinto beans, tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper, cumin and jalapeno.
- Cook on medium low heat for 40 minutes.
- Add meat then cook on low heat 3 hours.
- Add wine last 30 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.