- 1 cup brown rice
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 cardamom seeds
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cup turkey stock or water
- ¼ cup dark or golden raisins
- 2 cup chopped cooked turkey
- ¼ cup pine nuts, or cashews (chop cashews)
- Toast cashews if using.
- Saute the rice, cumin seeds, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom seeds and cloves in the oil in a saucepan until the rice is browned.
- Add the stock or water and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 45 to 50 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
- Add the raisins, turkey, and nuts to the rice mixture.
- Serve hot or cold.
Nutritional information Edit
Per ¼ recipe:
- 317 calories | 24g carbohydrate | 25gs protein | 14g fat | 190mg sodium | 381mg potassium | 54mg cholesterol
- Exchanges: 3 lean meat | 1 bread | ½ fruit | 1 fat
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.