- Cook Time: About 25 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2½ cups boiling water
- ¾ canned corn, drained
- 8 oz. canned red kidney beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes or until softened.
- Reduce heat to medium then add rice, bell pepper, and chili powder then stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Stir in boiling water, raise heat to boiling again then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in corn and beans then cook for an additional 3 minutes or until rice is tender and water is absorbed.
- Serve garnished with parsley.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.