- 8 oz. fresh or frozen scallops
- 8 oz. fresh or frozen shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails intact
- 8 oz. fresh mussels in shells, beards removed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground saffron
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1.Thaw scallops and shrimp if frozen then rinse and pat dry.
2.Scrub mussels. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups water and 3 tablespoons salt then add mussels and let soak for 15 minutes. Drain, rinse and repeat twice.
3.Heat oil in a large saucepan then sauté garlic and onion until tender.
4.Stir in cumin, cinnamon, ground red pepper and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
5.Add broth, tomatoes, saffron and bring to boiling.
6.Add scallops, shrimp and mussels. Return to boiling then reduce heat and simmer, covered for 5 minutes or until mussel shells open.
7.Garnish with cilantro and serve.