- 1 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 clove garlic, minced fine
- 4 tsp cornstarch, divided
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 each egg white
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp dry sherry
- ¾ cup sliced bamboo shoots
- 1 tsp grated peeled fresh gingeroot
- ¼ cup diced green chilies
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion
- ½ cup roasted, skinned peanuts
- Cut chicken into 2- by ½-inch strips.
- Place in a large pie plate.
- Sprinkle 2 tsp cornstarch over chicken and mix well to coat chicken.
- Add egg white and mix again.
- Heat oil in wok or a 12-inch frying pan.
- Add chicken and bamboo shoots and stir-fry about 3 minutes (use a wooden spoon or wooden fork).
- Add chilies and peanuts; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Combine all remaining ingredients except green onion with remaining 2 tsp cornstarch and add to wok or pan.
- Stir-fry and heat until sauce is thick and smooth and mixture is well blended.
- Add green onion.
- Stir-fry 30 seconds to warm onions.
- Serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.